"I'm lean, mean and full of beta-carotene."
—Chauncey Chantenay, Death screen
Chauncey Chantenay is a large, anthropomorphic orange carrot with yellow and white eyes. He also possesses forehead creases that hide his third eye.
Chauncey Chantenay starts off his phase by coming out of the ground and making some kind of boasting gesture at the players, which implies that he could be a show-off. He is shown to be very insane and outrageous, as his eyes spin wildly while summoning carrots. He also appears to get mad at himself when he loses, as he tugs on his leaves with sorrow.
BattleAfter Ollie Bulb is defeated, Chauncey will spring up from the ground in a somewhat boastful manner.
If the player spares Ollie instead, Radish will aid him by spinning like a top, chasing the player(s).
Chauncey Chantenay's main attack is to shoot three psychic beams, consisting of 3 yellow ring-like projectiles, to where the players are at the moment the beam is shot. In Simple mode, Chauncey shoots two psychic beams with decreased speed. In Expert mode, he shoots two psychic beams with increased speed.
When not shooting beams, Chauncey will summon homing carrots to distract the player(s) from shooting him, making it more difficult to avoid his beams. The carrots can be destroyed by shooting them. In Simple mode, there will be less homing carrots, with a slower speed, less accurate homing, and a longer wait time before starting to home in. In Expert mode, there will be more homing carrots, with a faster speed, more accurate homing, and a shorter wait time before starting to home in. Hitpoints = 4/4/4
- His death line mentions "beta-carotene," the substance that gives carrots their bright orange color.
- Chauncey Chantenay's three eyes are most likely based off of the myth that carrots will improve the person's eyesight, and this may even have to do with his psychic powers since an eye is a symbol of just that. It's also a reference to the "third eye" trope, a concept borrowed from Hindu religions regarding an invisible eye in the middle of his forehead that allows for extrasensory perception.
- When comparing The Root Pack with the Three Stooges, Chauncey Chantenay's orange color is the only connection to Larry Fine (with his orange-red hair) while his psychotic nature matches with Moe Howard.
- An error in the death screen cause Chauncey to have no "Pie-Eyes", which are often seen in old cartoons.
- Chauncey Chantenay's swirling eyes could be a reference to how carrots are supposedly good for one's eyes.
- A rare glitch can happen during his knockout animation—instead, his attacking animation will show.
- In a patch that was released alongside the Nintendo Switch version of the game, the previously unused Radish enemy could appear alongside Chauncey by dealing 0 damage against Ollie Bulb.